Over the last year, we have been subjected to tests of our preparation more than ever in this segment of the globe where we live. Sure we've seen all kinds of things on the news and various other programs, but nothing is quite like when it comes to your own doorstep.
Global pandemic, volcanic activity, hurricanes, flooding, massive death tolls; they all seemed to be happening all at once. This is like bad news on steroids. Sure we've had situations before, but they seem to pale in comparison to what we're experiencing and perhaps, what we are yet to experience.
For some reason, though we have advanced in our "standards for living" we still seem to have at the same time regressed. What do I mean?
- Fibre optics promising greater speeds, yet we can't keep them powered when the electricity goes off like we did with the old copper technology.
- When electricity goes, so does communications, water, ability to process payments, and perhaps some other things that are not readily coming to mind.
- There are more formally educated people and less thinkers that actually come up with sound solutions.
- There are too many hauling around cliches like "you have to spend money to make money", and other such like fancy sayings with unsatisfactory results.
- Too many people think that you must have origins within a metropolitan country to truly make it big and successful.