Would some of these statements describe your service experience?
- I didn't have to ask for anything really, they brought it before I thought it.
- When they described what the experience would be and then exceeded it, I thought I found my piece of heaven.
- I felt like family there!
- Have you ever been pampered; having your every need catered to? ....just when you thought that was all, then they catered to your wants? Wow!
What's celebrity service? You get the opportunity to decide it, since there's no cookie cutter approach. It can be a standard that has application across cultures, races, classes, and creeds. It doesn't matter who you interact with, it matters that you made an extremely positive difference to their lives that they not only feel the gratitude of being on the receiving end of the service, but goes a step further in their wanting to serve whoever they come in contact with in a way that makes the experience most memorable.
- It goes beyond good customer service, since the emphasis is not on whether or not the other person is a customer.
- It's not about differentiating between the internal / external customer.
- Class demarcations like first, club, executive cannot define it.
- It's personal; in that the experience of one person's celebrity service does not define that of another.
- Those with whom you interact must feel special, almost as if they are the only one that mattered at that time. Yet the feeling of celebrity service must extend beyond the interaction that they have had with you.
- Celebrity service is the journey, not a destination to be reached.
- It is tangible, yet vague and wispy; neither governed by stars nor ratings.
- Celebrity service is when your people skills become you most important marketing asset. Not being governed by if the environment is highly classy or rustic.
- It is reached by training in standards, where the key elements being developed are better people, not better looking environments.
Here's the clincher. It's something that the Old Caribbean offered that enabled people to speak about going back to their holiday domiciles before they even left to go back home. Celebrity service is enchanting and enhancing. I love it when I experience it, but I love it more when I give it.
The secret is that it isn't just something that takes place at work, but goes into the household. It's:
- family oriented
- colleagues cooperating
- church related
- just good hospitality
Are you ready for celebrity service; willing to experience it and to demonstrate it? I would love to hear / read your stories. Be the celebrity hosting other celebrities. Changing you mindset and behaviors can result in better life experiences! We all owe it to ourselves to have a quality of life that's exemplary. Here's another secret. It's service offered in an environment of love and care.