Can anyone take the blame for a hazard/social upheaval/a pandemic?
Increasingly, there is a cry that seems to be permeating the workspaces around the region. It sounds like this:
- No one is returning my calls!
- Send me a proposal that I can review and get back to you.
- Why don't you WhatsApp me what the requirements are, I'm in a meeting.
- I thought that I had paid for that already.
- You were supposed to send me this information weeks ago. [When the proof is provided that the info has been sent, they vanish].
- Is there anything you can do about the costs of the assignment?
- I'm travelling soon.
- Your rates are like that of an overseas consultant. [Wow!!!] Consultants work all over. It shouldn't matter that you may have worked with them before, in another life, and they continued to develop themselves whereas you may not have done so at the same rate.
- There's also a developing trend where people try to read and spell for you. Here's what I mean; since they see you representing your organization, they think that the invoice represents what you make and that you're going to keep all the funds. Your team has been hired to work in the background, and you have to access information [which is expensive for current reports/ documents]. They think that you're making more than they are and create obstacles.
- So can the problems we are experiencing be solved? Yes!
- Will those who are responsible be willing to solve them? If they want to succeed there's no other option.
- When will they need to address these anomalies? The sooner the better for all involved.
- What can be done to address this on the part of the various organizations? There are a number of entities offering technical assistance.