Recently, I was driving through Wildey and saw a business promoting their power tools, and I got to thinking that there were mobile phone units that cost more than these tools. Neither the power tools nor the mobile units were cheap.
Then my mind took me to the thought of how they were used. The power tools were used for the specific purpose for which they were intended. The mobile phone has the main characteristic of communication, however, I don't think we do it very well.
Many of us seem to have the daily ritual of sending good morning messages, jokes, and bad news/warnings. Often the recipient gets the same message at least 4 times; a conversation with the sender may reveal how hard things are for them, yet they never sent a tip out as to how they may have been able to help someone in need. The thing is many are in business.
Since most phones are priced higher than some desktop/laptop computers, how can we make them a productivity tool that aids us in advancing through this life we live? When we think about it, we can be:
- and so many more things, all from the palm of our hands.
Why are we not living better as a result? It may be due to not having goals as it relates to our usage of the mobile phones.
- Do you have standards where those with whom you interact know when they can expect feedback from you when the contact you via one of your many communication methods available on your mobile phone?
- Are you one of those people who feel immediately pressured when the phones rings or dings that you have to mindlessly jump to respond to those on the other end, even when you have your day scheduled?
- Do you even have a schedule for when you interact with others via your mobile?
- Do those with whom you interact know your preferred media for when they wish to communicate with you on a business-related matter?
- Do you feel compelled to have more than one mobile to handle your business related/personal calls?
- Do you feel overwhelmed and underproductive?
You are not alone since many people face this dilemma daily across the globe. The thing is, what are you going to do about it to regain control over your life? Make the plans and then adhere to them. This is key for gaining control over your most important asset - TIME. This also helps you have better controls over your expenses in terms of costs/earnings.