Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Lime

So my sister's, Shelley, birthday was on Saturday last!

The morning began with a call to my sister to wish her all the pleasantries for her birthday. During our conversation, my girl allows me to know that she had a number of things to do on that day but when she gets through she wants to be surprised. She then sent me via text a list of people and numbers. I then got a call from one of those people letting me know that my sister asked her to call me.

Well, game on!!!



Phone started to go with calls in and out. Menu was confirmed. (Planning had taken place earlier unknown to her) and the meats were already marinating from before. I wanted the seasoning to go through and the meats to be totally tender.

Turkey, Pork, Fish, Fish balls (not fish cakes), Rice and Peas, Sweet Potato Salad, English Potato salad and a few other goodies went into production according to schedule during the course of the day. The event was held at our parents which was always party central when we were growing up.

Well almost everyone was there for around 7:30 pm and the youngster arrived around an hour later. I guess she wanted to give everyone enough time to arrive. Her husband, Tony, reversed the car into the long driveway, as is the custom, so that she could not see where she would have been going. Needless to say other cars were there as well.

She was surprised and pleasantly so. Not with the shouts of surprise, but with the fact of who and how many people came to celebrate her birthday with her. Life begins at 40 and hers was no exception as she is indeed a blessed "young" lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Experiences from living remotely

  Long ago about 8 years before COVID-19 pandemic, I began working remotely. Online meetings, online ordering, just about everything that wa...