International Men's Day [IMD] passed recently and I was ONLY made aware when i received the greetings via social media from well meaning females. This got me thinking.
As I thought, a number of questions came to mind which would probably bring me under scrutiny of both sexes. (I really don't care what you identify as, that's your business not mine). That's for another time.
I began to search and here's what I found when checking for the origins and its significance.
- What is International Men's Day about and how does it concern me as a man?
- Why did it begin?
- When were men going to be informed?
- How are we celebrating men internationally and its not even known at the local level?
- Is man fulfilling their God given role and purpose?
- Do we as men know what that is or we just ignorant of our roles and purposes?
- Why do some women think we need validation by them?
- What contributions would have been made to life having lived?
- Is it about conquering or developing a lasting legacy?
- Why despite all that men do they are heavily criticized for what they didn't do?