Thursday, March 7, 2019

KEEP THEM POOR | This Is What The Richest Don't Want You To KNOW (an ill...





When you watch this video as I have, you tend to ask yourself. What if he was right, what am I doing to make a difference? What am I teaching letters when I stand before a group of entrepreneurs?

Every time I share with a group of people who are ambitious about beginning a business, I tend to be very direct with them. I don't sugarcoat anything and make any guarantees other than they have to put in the work, a lot of it, in order to see any kind of a reward.

Sure there are systems and models that can be taught to participants, but if they are unwilling for one reason or another to use them, then they have just attended another talk shop.

One person said to me that when they first entered a program where I taught, they didn't like me. I sounded too surefooted about what I said. They subsequently found out, that I have made more mistakes than many facilitators. That what I referenced during the program was things that I actually did, and therefore knew what would/wouldn't work.

My language isn't the cautious language of most facilitators. I have found that those who make the most strides in educating others are those who don't say what the participants want to hear, they say what needs to be told. It's not that I am harsh and uncaring, far from it; but I need to have participants take the information they are given seriously, and act upon what they've learned.

There was a time that I did a consultation, and the client said to me that I don't tell them what to do, but make them work by pulling the solution out of them. I believe that the aspect of discovery is greatest when this approach is taken since through the experience, they recognize for themselves that through the work, through the effort, they then know what will/will not work.

Robert Kiyosaki's video title shocked me when I first read it, I watched it out of sheer curiosity, and I found what the video presented to be memorable. Have a look for yourselves, and feel free to share what your thoughts were when you have finished. I can almost be sure that some learning would have taken place at one level or another, and you may just be willing to act on this information to ensure you are not being kept poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Experiences from living remotely

  Long ago about 8 years before COVID-19 pandemic, I began working remotely. Online meetings, online ordering, just about everything that wa...