Monday, April 9, 2012

Family Lime

There's something to be said for having some downtime with family. I had this opportunity recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. No major traffic, no phone calls, no anything pressing - except to check in on my email for occasional pre-planned items. I didn't even concern myself with any real shopping. In short form, I was bone tired and needed to just rest.

It got me thinking about work-life balance. Are we really so caught up in the rat race that we negate the importance of rest and downtime? Why is it necessary to obtain time saving devices only to replace the saved time with 2-3 other activities? This does us no good really other than to push us so much closer to eternal rest as is seen by the stress related deaths. Do we really have any control over the things that we worry about and how does worrying get us any closer to viable solutions? Though I haven't quite figured out the solutions, it would be interesting to read the thoughts of others on how they cope in this "modern" world.

Until then, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Experiences from living remotely

  Long ago about 8 years before COVID-19 pandemic, I began working remotely. Online meetings, online ordering, just about everything that wa...